The Chargers are an athletic organization for homeschoolers. Each athlete's education must be PARENT DIRECTED and at least 51% of the athlete's course work must be provided at home. Additionally, athletes must:
- live with their parent/legal guardian
- not have competed as a Senior for any other school/homeschool program
- not have participated in any form of a high school graduation ceremony
Additional requirements apply to any athlete that takes dual-enrollment courses at a college/university:
- Freshman-Juniors must also take at least 2 credit-bearing high school courses (not including PE) per semester via homeschooling or a homeschool co-op
- Seniors must also take at least 1 credit-bearing high school course (not including PE) per semester via homeschooling or a homeschool co-op
Additional requirements apply to any athlete that plays in a game versus a Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA) member team:
- An athlete must have been homeschooling at least 365 CONSECUTIVE DAYS prior to any game against a MSHSAA member team
- Any athlete who takes more than two credit-bearing courses at a public or private school (excluding dual-enrollment at a college/university) will not be eligible to play in any game versus a MSHSAA member team
If you are new to homeschooling or transferring to the Chargers for any reason, you must meet with the Chargers Volleyball Director before practicing with your respective team.
Each player is required to pass a Sports Physical prior to the first practice and file a copy with the Chargers. If the player has one on file with the Chargers, it cannot be older than January 1, of the current year.
AGE GROUPS (on September 1 of the current year):
Varsity / 18U - 18 or younger
JV / 16U - 16 or younger
Jr High / 14U - 14 or younger
12U - 12 or younger
$240 – 18U / 16U / 14U
$125 – 12U
Team fees can be raised through paid sponsorships. Sponsors receive ad space in the Chargers All Sports Annual.
PRACTICES (August through Mid-October):
Each team practices MON, TUES, THURS, morning with the TUES practice ceasing after school starts.
Each team plays at least 10 matches plus tournaments. The 18U / 16U / 14U teams will also play in the national homeschool championships in October.
See DIVISION SCHEDULES in the left sidebar for a complete practice and season schedule. The schedule will be posted in late July.
The Chargers do not guarantee equal playing time. Playing time is merited based on ability, attitude, game & practice performance. All playing time is awarded at the discretion of the coach(s).
UNIFORMS & EQUIPMENT:
Players will be issued a jersey and one pair of shorts.
Knee pads and athletic shoes are the responsibility of each player and are required for all practices and games.
Families are required to reimburse the Chargers for replacing lost uniforms while it is in the player's care, and for uniforms ruined by improper laundering.
A parent/legal guardian must accompany players while the team is traveling unless acceptable arrangements have been made in advance. It is the responsibility of each player to make proper travel arrangements. The Chargers DO NOT provide a team bus.
The 18U / 16U / 14U teams participate in the National Christian Homeschool Volleyball Championships every October. Players are expected to make every effort to participate in this tournament. The national tournament is held in Springfield.
The Chargers carry general liability insurance. MEDICAL Insurance is NOT provided.
The Chargers are a volunteer organization. Your help is needed. The Chargers are always in need of people who will: Coach, Assistant Coach, Run Scoreboard, Keep Stats, Video Games, Coordinate Fundraisers, Coordinate Concessions & Gate at games, Coordinate year-end parties, and banquets, etc.
The Chargers communicate exclusively through TeamSnap, website, and social media. Check your email regularly. If you don’t, you will miss something.