Track & Field
The Chargers are an athletic organization for homeschoolers. Each athlete's education must be PARENT DIRECTED and at least 51% of the athlete's course work must be provided at home. Additionally, athletes must:
- live with their parent/legal guardian
- not have competed as a Senior for any other school/homeschool program
- not have participated in any form of a high school graduation ceremony
Additional requirements apply to any athlete that takes dual-enrollment courses at a college/university:
- Freshman-Juniors must also take at least 2 credit-bearing high school courses (not including PE) per semester via homeschooling or a homeschool co-op
- Seniors must also take at least 1 credit-bearing high school course (not including PE) per semester via homeschooling or a homeschool co-op
Additional requirements apply to any athlete that competes in a meet involving a Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA) member team:
- An athlete must have been homeschooling at least 365 CONSECUTIVE DAYS prior to any meet involving a MSHSAA member team
- Any athlete who takes more than two credit-bearing courses at a public or private school (excluding dual-enrollment at a college/university) will not be eligible to compete in a meet involving a MSHSAA member team
If you are new to homeschooling or transferring to the Chargers for any reason, you must meet with the Chargers Basketball Director before practicing with your respective team.
Each athlete is required to pass a Sports Physical prior to the first practice and file a copy with the Chargers. If the athlete has one on file with the Chargers, it cannot be older than July 1, of the previous year.
AGE GROUPS (on September 1 of the previous year):
8U Boys & Girls - 6-8
10U Boys & Girls - 9-10
12U Boys & Girls – 11-12
14U Boys & Girls – 13-14
16U Boys & Girls – 15-16
18U Boys & Girls – 17-18
$65 – 18U, 16U & 14U
$45 – 12U & 10U
$10 – 8U
Fees can be raised through paid sponsorships. Sponsors receive ad space in the Chargers All Sports Annual.
PRACTICES (March through Mid-May):
All teams practice 2 times per week.
18U / 16U / 14U / 12U / 10U compete in 3-5 meets plus the Missouri Homeschool State Championships and the National Christian Homeschool Championships.
8U competes in the Charger Relays only.
See DIVISION SCHEDULES in the left sidebar for a complete practice and season schedule. The schedule will be posted in mid-February.
A parent/legal guardian must accompany athletes while the team is traveling unless acceptable arrangements have been made in advance. It is the responsibility of each athlete to make proper travel arrangements. This includes any overnight travel. The Missouri Homeschool State Championships in Kansas City may require an overnight stay. The Chargers DO NOT provide a team bus. Travel expenses are not included in the athlete's fees but can be raised via the Chargers sponsorship program. Family members are welcome to travel with the team.
The Chargers carry general liability insurance. MEDICAL Insurance is NOT provided.
The Chargers are a volunteer organization. Your help is needed. The Chargers are always in need of people who will: Coach, Assistant Coach, Time Races, Keep Stats, Work Field Events, Coordinate Fundraisers, Coordinate Concessions & Gate at the Charger Relays, Coordinate year-end party, etc.
The Chargers communicate exclusively through TeamSnap, website, and social media. Check your email regularly. If you don’t, you will miss something.